2016 – Introduction
Celebrating Excellence in the Automotive Industry
The Northern Automotive Alliance Business Awards provide automotive companies with the recognition for their achievements.
Becoming a shortlisted award applicant will provide your organisation with the opportunity to be recognised at this high profile event, as a leading player in the automotive industry.
Your organisation will benefit from being highlighted on the evening in front of key individuals from the region’s automotive community and leaders of the automotive community from across the UK and in subsequent nationwide PR about the event and the awards.
This year the Annual Dinner will take place on Thursday 10 November 2016 at The Hilton Hotel, 303 Deansgate, Manchester M3 4LQ and promises to build on the success of the previous events.
Who should apply?
The awards are open to any NAA member company, however some of the Awards are only open to SMEs so please read the individual award applications before you submit an application.
How do you apply?
Please register your interest in applying for an award and download the relevant application form. Places are limited for entries to each award, so please do this as soon as possible.
Closing date for Award applications is then 30th September 2016
Completed forms should be submitted to Martina Rodrigues via email email@example.com
What awards can you apply for?
There are 6 Awards that you can apply for but some are only open to SMEs, so please check on their individual descriptions below.
The Award for Company of the Year is awarded to one of the winners of the Category Awards and therefore is not open as a stand-alone application.
Category: NAA Trade Award
Open to: All companies
This Award is for companies who have been involved in exporting their products during 2015.
You will need to demonstrate your marketing strategy and delivery status of the strategy.
You will also need to share details of the actions that you have completed (such as show attendance, market research etc) and also the overall results in terms of leads and orders.
It is important to include quantified evidence within your submission.
Category: NAA Innovation Award
Sponsor: Jaguar Land Rover
Open to: All companies
This award is for technical innovation and is related to either a product or a process. Innovation projects entered for this category would typically have had the benefit of grant funding (either Innovate UK or other) during the year. Innovations and the award application should detail demonstrable, quantified benefits. Credit will be given for positive environmental impact, proven results, unique and innovative solutions.
Please answer the questions as fully as possible, the word limit is given as guidance, however the judges will not read excessively long applications. You are welcome to include photographs or diagrams that help explain the innovation.
Category: NAA Logistics Excellence Award
Open to: SMEs only
This award is for businesses that can demonstrate all round logistical success, innovation and above all excellence. This success can be focussed on general business performance, launch or development of a new logistics process, environmental impact or people engagement. As well as the result, the process undertaken (the quality of the activity), opportunity to leverage the benefits and sustainability will be strongly considered. The project must be concluded and evidence of the benefits validated.
This award will consist of a 2-stage process. The first stage is the Logistics Excellence Application form from which 3 companies will be short-listed. The second stage will take the form of on-site visit to further investigate each application and its background. Feedback will be provided to each company that receives an on-site visit.
Category: NAA Marketing Excellence Award
Sponsor: Mini Gears
Open to: SME only
This award is for SMEs who can demonstrate an innovative and creative approach to marketing. It may be a one-off project or a new way of delivering the marketing communications, that has had a positive impact on the business.
The project or delivery should be integrated in the fabric of the business and have its rationale firmly in the overall business aims and objectives of the SME.
Please answer as fully as possible, keeping to the word counts and please feel free to attach supporting evidence for your application.
Category: NAA People & Skills Award
Sponsor: SMMT IF
Open to: SME only
This award will acknowledge and celebrate investment in skills by a small to medium sized enterprise employing less than 250 people in the engineering and advanced manufacturing sector. This category will recognise a business that invests in the training and development of its workforce. Judges will be looking for applicants able to demonstrate that they are a leading light in this area by showing clear evidence of how investment in skills can bring benefits to people and businesses alike.
Please answer the questions as fully as possible, keeping to the word count. You are welcome to include photographs or diagrams that help support your application.
Category: NAA Manufacturing Excellence
Sponsor: General Motors
Open to: SME only
This award will go to the SME manufacturing company who in the opinion of the judges:
- Demonstrates the use of effective lean methodologies and techniques that focus on improvements in: quality, cost, productivity, physical waste reduction and non-value adding activities, customer service and safety.
- They will also be looking for evidence of an engaged workforce and development of a lasting culture of continuous improvement.
Conditions of entry
- All entries must be submitted on the application form in electronic format
- All entries must represent activities within the last 12 months
- Applicants must address the criteria established for each category, against which the judges will make their decisions
- The judge’s decision is final
- You are prepared to provide pictures of your company or project to support the application, which will be used at the Awards Ceremony and in future publicity linked to the Awards.
- A summary of your application will be prepared for use in the Dinner Brochure, this will be developed in conjunction with you and you will have final approval on the content. Photography & logos are also required at this stage. The completion date for this is 30th September 2016.
- NAA will appoint a panel of judges from sponsors and experts in the individual categories
- The judges will shortlist a minimum of 3 finalists in each category and the winners will be announced at the Awards ceremony on 10th November 2016.
- Applicants may be contacted for further information or matters of clarification
If you have any queries relating to any aspects of the competition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org