Industry News: Meet the Buyer, 6 June 2018, Automechanika Birmingham, NEC
Start date: 06/06/2018
Cost: Register our interest via Link in Article
For the third year, the SMMT is partnering with Automechanika Birmingham which will be held on 5-7 June 2018 at the NEC Birmingham. Meet the Buyer will be held on the second day of the show, 6 June 2018…
Meet the Buyer facilitates automotive buyers and suppliers to build and retain relationships between OEMs, tier ones and the upstream.
The UK’s supply chain is growing fast and the opportunity for automotive suppliers to invest in the UK has never been more valuable.
- A staggering £4 billion per annum opportunity for tier one supplier business and £2 billion for upstream suppliers
- Average UK vehicle content has grown from 36% to 44% since to 2011
- Annual UK automotive supplier turnover has increased to an estimated £11.6 billion since 2011
- Vehicle manufacturers are committing long-term to the UK and are increasingly looking to source parts locally
- UK suppliers are providing lower risk options
To support the growth in this sector, SMMT hosts a number of Meet the Buyer events across the year to match suppliers with OEM and tier one buyers through one-to-one meetings.
Having hosted 10 events since 2010, Meet the Buyer has been a huge success and continues to gain considerable demand from both buyers and suppliers to participate year on year.
Register your interest here: