Preparing for the Grand Challenge at the Royal Institution, 25 April 2017, London
Start date: 25/04/2017
Cost: Please register via Link
Join the APC and the EPSRC to discover the cutting edge research projects which hope to address the Automotive Sector ‘Grand Challenges’.
The APC and EPSRC have been working together for the last nine months to engage the UK’s world class academic community in the key challenges of the auto sector, through Feasibility Study programmes such as ‘Preparing for the Grand Challenge’. The researchers form these projects will showcase their work at this event, giving an insight into leading research in the automotive industry.
A wide range of topics will be discussed, including:
- I. driven vehicle and powertrain system design
- Advanced materials for SR Motors
- Next generation EM testing on real world motor topologies
- Advanced thermal modelling techniques for polymer electrolyte fuel cells (PEFCs)
- Breakthrough casting techniques delivering significant reduction in component manufacturing costs and a step change in carbon footprint
- 10x increase in Additive Manufacturing production rates with 10x cost reduction
- New materials to achieve step change efficiency improvement in power electronics devices
- In-situ sensing technologies for optimised engine performance
Please join us on 25 April at the Royal Institution to hear more about the work we have done and join in the debate about the future direction these research activities should take.