NAA Training: Accelerometer Training, 10 October 2018, Halewood
Start date: 10/10/2018
Length: 1/2 Day
This short course is aimed at existing accelerometer users, engineers, new users, specifiers and product designers from automotive, aerospace, industrial and sports science applications providing a refreshing view on how to avoid error, maintaining accurate data results…
10th October 2018 Partnership for Learning, Halewood
09:30 – 12:30
Delivered by Neill Ovenden, Managing Director
DJB Instruments UK
- To develop an understanding of how accelerometers play a vital role in data acquisition.
- To identify and improve awareness of factors contributing up to 35% data error.
The course covers a range of topics:
- Principles of operation – Materials and the Piezoelectric effect.
- Accelerometer types and selection – Construction, charge output, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems as well as pros and cons of accelerometers.
- Importance of correct cable use – Low noise or non low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, triboelectric noise, cable fixing, connectors and noise floor.
- Mounting methods and which to use – Stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation and ground loops.
- Associated Instrumentation – Charge Amplifiers, IEPE Signal Conditioning and Data Acquisition.
This course has been presented at a number of national and international events as well as on site with major automotive, aerospace/defence and electronics companies all of whom have provided positive feedback about the course benefits and have reported process improvements as a result of attending.
There will be time during the presentation for Q&A’s so please do come prepared with any questions or queries you may have.
DJB Instruments are happy to take questions about current requirements.
NAA Members – £75 + vat
Non-Members – £100 + vat
To register your interest in attending this course, Contact Zoe: email@example.com