Covid-19 Business Support
At the end of October, the government made some important updates to key documents to give businesses further clarity on continued operation during the current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19)…
As the responsible automotive cluster for the North West, Yorkshire & Humber, the Northern Automotive Alliance (NAA) has a social responsibility to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, and maintain business support throughout.
The NAA team continue to work from home, electing to continue regular liaison with NAA members by other means than face to face communication. We are co-ordinating as many of our planned events by Webinar as possible.
Furthermore, the NAA have opened up a dialogue with members to facilitate support for on-going business via local and national government. Current support and information available from Government can be found in the following links, with this being the key information for working safely in factories:
- Government Guidance – **updated 28th October
- Government Guidance – Social Distancing for Manufacturing & Process Industry – **updated 28th October
- Government Guidance – Kent Access Permit – Check if an HGV is ready to cross the border
- Government Advice – Employers and Employees – **updated 5th Nov
- Government Financial Support for Businesses during COVID-19 -**updated 27th October
- Government Support – Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Government Support for Businesses & Self Employed (SEISS) – **updated 2nd Nov
- HM Treasury CJRS Extension Factsheet – **updated 2nd November
- HM Treasury Financial Support for Jobs & Businesses – **updated 2nd November
- British Business Bank – Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme – Please note that as of 2 November, the Government has announced that the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) will be extended until 31 January 2021
- SMMT Automotive Business Support
- SMMT Safe Harbour
- Support for UK Exporters
- Bank of England
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) has opened a Business Support Helpline, on 0300 4563565
For anyone having difficulty paying tax bills there is a Time to Pay scheme run by HMRC and businesses are encouraged to contact them sooner rather than later on 0800 0159559.
The SMMT has a section on its website focused on the UK automotive industry, including Latest Updates, Business Support, Webinars, How to help and FAQs for business:
For those looking for local support via regional County Councils, and Local Enterprise Partnerships;
As a cluster, we will remain open for business as usual and if you need to contact us, please do.