‘Electrification Fundamentals’ – WMG Masterclass programme, 12th November 2019, University of Warwick
Start date: 12/11/2019
This is a one-day, business-focussed course designed to enable those in the automotive supply chain the knowledge of electrification components, their manufacture and BOM content to be able to identify opportunities for them and start planning their market entry strategies.
The course will cover the commercial and technical landscape of electrification as well as a detailed look at motors, power electronics and batteries and their manufacture; three key assemblies.
The day will conclude with an “ask the expert” session, the chance for all participants to talk in more depth with all the day’s presenters.
- Commercial introduction to electrification
- Transition, pace of change, policy, impact on the current supply chain, beyond automotive
- Technical introduction to electrification
- Technical transition in vehicle and powertrain architectures, BOM changes and their impact, value of opportunities
- System overview, BOM review, component material and manufacturing considerations, supply chain opportunities for Motors, Power electronics and Batteries
Sessions are delivered by electrification experts, with ample opportunity for detailed discussions with our course leaders.
Who should attend?
- Senior management (CEO, MD, COO etc) in tier 2 and below suppliers in the automotive supply chain and those looking to enter it
- Companies looking to identify opportunities in the electrification sector
- Commercial staff looking to build on their technical understanding
Benefits and learning objectives
After completing this training you will be able to;
- Evaluate the electrification landscape and how current and future developments might impact your business
- Identify potential opportunities within the Bill of Materials for batteries, motors and power electronics
- Use the knowledge gained to start planning your market entry strategy
- Date: 12th November 2019
- Duration: 1 day
- Cost: £1,000 including parking and all refreshments and lunch
- Discounted to £750 for SMEs
- Click here to book your place