Britain in South East Asia (BiSEA) event 2nd May 2017
Start date: 02/05/2017
Cost: Free, Please register via Eventbrite link
Learn about opportunities to grow your business in South East Asia at this fully-funded event with the support of the Department of International Trade (DIT) and our partners and consider taking your products and services to the World!
About the Event
We are hosting Executive Directors from the British Chambers of Commerce in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam to promote the wealth of opportunities available in these markets to North West businesses.
This exciting event will be split into two parts, the morning will be a series of market briefings given by senior staff from 6 South East Asian markets to broaden your knowledge of this diverse region. In the afternoon there will be an opportunity to hold pre-booked one-to-one meetings to discuss your individual opportunities both of which are suitable for both experienced exporters and newcomers alike. Book your place
Why South East Asia?
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) predicts that the size of the middle class in emerging Asia will increase from 24% of the population in 2010 to 65% in 2030. All of this leads to a ‘Community of Opportunities’. South East Asia is comprised of ten independent countries. There are diverse socio-cultural differences as well as different legal and regulatory environments but all offer opportunities for UK exporters and investors in practically every sector, including but not limited to:
- Advanced engineering, including automotive and aerospace
- Education and skills – English language training, vocational training, STEM and equipment
- Financial & professional services
- Oil & Gas
- Healthcare and Healthcare EquipmentDefence & Security
- Energy / Environment – Renewable energy, especially waste to energy
- Digital economy – FinTech, 4G, data centres, security equipment
- Creative & Media Industries, broadcast and related technology and Digital channels
- Food & drink products and food processing
- Consumer and retail products especially British brands
- Renewable energy, waste to energy
- Services, including financial, business and professional
- Hospitality / Tourism
2nd May 2017 09:30 – 15:30