Event: Future Powertrain Conference, 19 & 20 February 2014, National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham
Start date: 18/02/2014
AVL Powertrain UK and the Energy Storage Research Network (ESRN) have joined forces to launch “Future Powertrain Conference 2014”. This inaugural conference aimed at Managers, Engineers, Academia, Team Leaders and Students will be held on Wednesday 19 February (with an evening networking event) and Thursday 20 February 2014, at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham
The following topics are to be discussed
- HD – Tier 4 & beyond – Chaired by Robin Woodward, Caterpillar
- Fuels, Lubricants & Gas – Chaired by Dr Richard Pearson, BP
- Hybrid the Way Forward – Chaired by Dr Mike Richardson, Jaguar Land Rover
- Downsizing – DI & Turbo – Chaired by Dr Ricardo Martinez-Botas, Imperial
- Batteries – Chaired by Dr Greg Offer, Imperial College
- Powertrain Transmission – Chaired by Michael Gallion, AVL Powertrain UK
- Electrical Machines – Chaired by Dr David Howey, University of Oxford
- Manufacturing – Chaired by Michael Thompson, Ford
- Power Electronics & Control – Chaired Prof Phil Mawby, University of Warwick
- Safety & Public Perception – Chaired by Matt Loader, Nissan
- Emissions Legislation – Future Challenges and Trends – Chaired by Kieran McAleer, AVL Powertrain UK
Please visit the website for the full itinerary – http://futurepowertrains.co.uk/2014
It is anticipated that around 300 Delegates from both Industry and Academia will join together to discuss solutions to the challenges faced by the engineering industry in the UK and Internationally over the next ten years and will include an Evening Networking Event with private access to the National Motorcycle Museum on Wednesday 19th February.
The Premium Supporter for this event is Zytek Automotive, a specialist automotive engineering consultancy. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank Schaeffler UK, Technology Strategy Board, High Value Manufacturing Catapults (HVMC – Solihull and Warwick Manufacturing Group), High Speed Sustainable Manufacturing Institute (HSSMI), AR Europe and Hyperdrive Innovation for their support at this inaugural event.
Keynote Speakers will include Michael Hurwitz (Department for Transport), Bob Joyce (Jaguar Land Rover) and Jon Horsley (Technology Strategy Board).
Poster Session Competition – sponsored by HSSMI – details to follow shortly
Imperial College London will shortly be announcing details of a competition within the Poster Sessions to be judged and awarded at the Evening Networking Event. If you would like more details about this contact Darren Grey – firstname.lastname@example.org
Who will attend and how much will it cost?
This event is aimed at Engineers, Managers, Team Leaders, Academia and Students and costs have been heavily subsidised to ensure that there will be access to all. Delegate costs are £80 for the two day conference – £40 for students – £20 for the Evening Networking Event. Please register here
There are a limited number of supporter packages available for further information please contact email@example.com or telephone Lynda Grice on 07948 375746.
And finally, we would welcome your participation on Linkedin – join the debate FPC2014 – http://tinyurl.com/pf7h6a4 and hear from our Chairmen about their sessions, your comments are welcome too! We currently have 98 members in this Group following our event.
We wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year and look forward to welcoming you to the National Motorcycle Museum in February 2014.
If you require any further information about this event please contact Lynda Grice on 07948 375746.