Future-Proofing the UK Automotive Supply Chain, International Festival for Business 2016 (IFB2016), 15 June 2016, Exhibition Centre, Liverpool
Start date: 15/06/2016
Cost: Register via link in Article
The UK has emerged as one of the most globally attractive locations for automotive investment, underpinned by three major advantages;
- Growing supply chain opportunities thanks to an industry that will double in size between 2009 and 2018
- World class R&D facilities including four of the top 10 research universities in the world and Motorsport Valley, the global home of Formula One
- Europe’s most comprehensive and integrated funding package to help develop and commercialise technological innovations
Join UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) at Future-Proofing the UK Automotive Supply Chain to learn about the technologies that will drive the future automotive landscape.
New speakers announced
Lawrence Davies MBE, CEO of the UKTI Automotive Investment Organisation will be delivering the welcoming address alongside Garry Wilson, Director of Business Development at The Advanced Propulsion Centre.
Light-weighting and composites session
A unique opportunity to hear about the UK as a world leader positioning in light-weighting and composites development. The session will be chaired by Dr Faye Smith, UKTI Advanced Materials Specialist. Speakers include:
- Alex Aucken, Chair of the UK Composites Leadership Forum and Composite Materials UK Programme Director, Cytec Solvay Group
- Graham Harrison, Head of Government Affairs and Strategic Partnership, UK National Composites Centre
Connected and autonomous vehicles session
A seminar and discussion on new transport systems and the UK landscape for testing and developing CAVs; how intelligent mobility will dictate the future of technology development, manufacturing and testing systems. The session will be chaired by Michael Talbot, Head of Strategy at the Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles. Speakers include:
- Daniel Ruiz, Chair of the Transport Technology Forum and Managing Director, Dynniq UK Ltd
- John McCarthy, Atkins (Flourish Project)
- Julian Turner, CEO at Westfield Motors (Insight Project)
Register here: www.events.ukti.gov.uk/ifb2016automotive
.You may also be interested in the Automotive Leaders Summit which is taking place on Thursday 16 June at The Titanic Hotel. A drinks reception for this event will be held on the evening of 15 June. For more information and to register, please click here.
What is IFB2016?
For three weeks this summer, IFB2016 will bring together business owners, investors and entrepreneurs from over 90 countries. The Festival will be a celebration of industry, innovation, design, creativity and technology, and an unmissable international networking opportunity.
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is hosting an exciting programme of events at IFB2016 aligned with weekly sector themes: Week 1, Advanced Manufacturing; Week 2, Energy & Environment and Week 3, Creative & Digital.
For more information on all other events taking place during the Festival, please visit the UKTI at IFB2016 website