Manufacturing Electronic Systems of the Future funding brief and Photonic Technologies Seminar
Start date: 13/03/2014
Daresbury Scitech Thursday 13th March 2014, 09:30 – 15:00
This unique event provides the opportunity to hear first hand from TSB about the current calls for Manufacturing Electronic Systems of the Future and to learn of the developments of photonics and support available for businesses.
The Electronics Sensors Photonics Knowledge Transfer Network (ESPKTN) is keen to work even more closely with the photonics sector in the UK and to help form links to manufacturers. Recognizing the strong photonics base in the North West and Wales we have been working with WOF and AILU on the issues and opportunities facing the photonics supply chain. This event provides the opportunity for businesses and academics in the region to inform ESP KTN and the manufacturing community of their recent developments in Photonics ahead of the Photonics 21 meeting in Brussels at the end of March.
Use this event to directly influence ESP KTN on how best to support the sector. We welcome input from commercial manufacturers, users and researchers of photonics and electronics in both the public and private sector.
This event aims to:
- Promote current funding opportunities
- Link electronics manufacturers with the photonics sector
- Inform future ESP KTN activity
- Demonstrate technologies
- Provide a great networking opportunity
- 09:30 Registration and Networking
- 10:00 Welcome Louise Jones, ESP’KTN
- 10:05 TSB: Manufacturing electronic systems of the future
Andy Sellars,Lead Technologist, Technology Strategy Board
- 11:00 Overview of KTN and support
- 11:10 Advanced Manufacturing in Liverpool City Region
Simon Reid, Sector Manager – Advanced Manufacturing; Liverpool City Region LEP
- 11:30 Three Gdimensional aperture synthesis imaging Neil Salmon, Manchester Metropolitan University
- 11:50 Industrial Presentation Title TBC
Martin Price, Opto (UK) Ltd.
- 12:10 Industrial Presentation TBC
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:15Support for the Sector G Breakout session
- 13:40 The GERI Outreach project – supporting R&D funding proposals
Martin Sharp, GERI, Liverpool John Moores University
- 14:00 ACTPHAST: free innovation support programme for photonics companies Southampton University
- 14:20 CLARET Project Glyn Fargher, Bangor University
- 14:30 Close of Event, Refreshments and Further Networking
For more details or to make a presentation please contact Louise Jones by email firstname.lastname@example.org