Strategy workshops for SMEs in Automotive Supply Chain
Start date: 01/05/2014
Cost: £250 + VAT per delegate,or all 4 workshops £900 + VAT per delegate
Do you have a clear vision for your business but need a structured route map of how to achieve it?
Do you find your team is focused on short term actions without linking them to the long term direction of the business?
Industry Forum is running a series of four one-day interactive workshops throughout 2014, led by a manufacturing strategy expert with over 25 years of experience, to equip you with the skills and resources that you will require to be able to formulate and implement an effective strategy for your company to achieve its vision.
The workshops are designed for senior leaders and managers of automotive manufacturing businesses operating at a level of Tiers 1, 2 and 3. Each workshop can be attended by different members of an organisation. Delegates will be encouraged to involve their team and organisations within the projects identified during each workshop.
The workshops will provide you with a framework and an understanding of the key activities that will support you in creating a route map to enable you to achieve your company vision. Through many relevant examples and models, you will be able to contribute more effectively to the strategic planning processes in your business.
Workshop 1 – Beyond the short term
- Role of the Board and Management in determining strategy
- Importance of strategy and how it makes a difference to your business
- Definitions and clarifications of vision, mission, values, strategy and tactics
- Who should participate in determining your strategy?
- How should you schedule the preparation and how often review the strategy?
- Case examples of excellence
A representative from Jaguar Land Rover Procurement will be making a presentation at this workshop.
Date: 1st May 2014
Workshop 2 – Market and competitor analysis
- Models and techniques essential to determine strategy
- Stakeholder Influence
- Market Segmentation
- Customer Needs and Buyer Behaviour
- PESTLE Analysis
- Competitive Benchmarking
- SWOT and Distinctive Competitive Advantages
Date: 11th July 2014
Workshop 3 – How to design and determine your strategy
- Models to assist with strategic thinking – Ansoff, Directional Policy Matrix, Three Generic Strategies
- Creating Strategic Options from the analysis stage
- From selection of Strategic Options to determination of final strategy
Date: 15th September 2014
Workshop 4- How to implement your strategy
- How to implement strategy
- Ensuring your tactical action plans and budgeting deliver the strategy
- Budgeting and resource allocation
- Tracking KPIs
- Ensuring success
- Case examples of success
Date: 27th November 2014
The workshops will be held at the Industry Forum Learning Centre in Birmingham. All workshops start at 9.00am, with registration and coffee from 8.30am, and finish at 5pm. A MAS Advisor will be present at each workshop to provide information, advice and guidance on the services available to delegates. The workshops include a complementary buffet lunch and mid-session refreshments.
An individual one day workshops cost £250 + VAT per delegate, alternatively, all four workshops can be purchased for £900 + VAT per delegate. To book your place please call +44 (0)121 717 6614 or book on-line: