NAA Training:- Fundamentals of Metallurgy 1 Day Course, 14th December 2016
A one day overview of the essential properties of metals, how they are produced and where they are used.
This course provides a basic understanding of the relationships between structure, properties and processing of the most important industrial metals and explains the terminology and test methods associated with key metal properties is covered. Guidance is provided on the selection of appropriate metal alloys for a specific application. Quality standards pertaining to alloy compositions and processes are explained.
Who should attend?
Professionals from all parts of your business who have a grounding in metals or materials science and wish to extend their technical understanding. From Directors to junior staff in Operations, Technical, Quality, Procurement, Sales
- Review of Existing Knowledge
- Structure of Metals
- Properties of Metals & how they are measured
- Processing of Metals
- Choosing a Metal
- Standards & quality assessment
Following the course delegates will be able to:-
- Explain the key properties of metals
- Discuss the pros & cons of various metals & alloys
- Understand the winning & processing of ores
- Familiarity with metal product manufacturing processes
- Explain basic metal tests & specifications
- Match metals/alloys to a variety of applications
- Understand metallurgical terminology
Who will deliver the training?
The courses are delivered at Partnership for Learning (Pfl) by AMRC Training.
- Members of NAA – £310.00 + vat/delegate
- Non-Members – £400.00 +vat/delegate
To register or receive further information on this course, please contact Zoe Desoer: email@example.com