IATF16949:2016 Lead Auditor
Course Length: 5 Days
Next Course: – Virtual – / Date TBC – Register your interest
This course is designed for auditors managing an organisations internal audit programme and those undertaking 2nd party audits within the supply chain.
Delegates should have a working knowledge of quality systems within the automotive sector and/or any previous auditing experience.
This course will help auditors develop relevant skills in judgement, decision making, audit planning, audit non-conformity writing and subsequent close out related to the new IATF16949:2016 standard. Internal auditing and familiarity with ISO9001 and ISO/TS16949:2009 would be beneficial but not a necessity.
Benefits and Learning Objectives:
This participative course is made up of a number of modules supported by group exercises and open discussion. Delegates are evaluated through a proctored knowledge and application exam at the end of the course.
The practical emphasis of this course and high tutor to delegate contact provides a unique opportunity for a substantial degree of individual guidance and training.
At the end of this course delegates will understand:
- The high level structure described within Annex SL including its impact on ISO9001 and IATF16949
- The concepts and application of risk based thinking
- The IATF16949 scheme structure and governance
- The IATF16949 requirements and the principles behind the standard
- The IATF16949 requirements around auditing and auditor competence
- Audit principles and how to develop their auditing knowledge to allow them to undertake effective process based audits
- How to use the Turtle diagram to plan audits and identify risks
- The approach to planning, undertaking, reporting (including nonconformity writing) and closing audits
- Customer Specific Requirements and how to audit them effectively
- An awareness of the Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, MSA,SPC and PPAP) and how to audit them effectively
- Structure and principles of IATF16949:2016
- Structure of ISO9001
- Audit theory
- Auditor competence
- Process Approach Auditing Customer Specific Requirements (CSR)
- Core Tools Audit process
- IATF Rules for certification
- IATF Transition process
Delegates passing the written examinations will receive a qualification underwritten by the UK IATF Oversight Office, certifying you to deliver 1st and 2nd party IATF16949: 2016 audits.