NAA Training:- Metallurgical Failure Analysis & Prevention, 1 Day Course, 27th July 2016
A one day introduction into the investigation mechanisms and prevention of material failures due to mechanical and environmental factors.
To provide professionals with an introduction into why materials fail. Including failure investigation and prevention, as well as the mechanisms of fracture & corrosion related failures.
Who should attend?
Professionals who wish to gain an understanding of metal failures and procedures for investigation and prevention.
- Introduction to Failure
- Basic Metallurgy
- Metal Properties & Failure
- Failure mechanisms
- Failure Analysis techniques
- Case Studies
Following the course delegates will be able to:-
- Understand how components fail, why they fail in a given mode, and how to prevent failures.
- Identify the various factors that need to be considered in material selection, design and the service environment.
- Recognise the basic features and characteristics of different failure mechanisms.
- Recommend testing or analysis that can determine the cause of failures.
- Gain experience in metallurgical failure analysis in different scenarios.
- Specify appropriate detection methods to prevent component failure.
Who will deliver the training?
The courses are delivered at Partnership for Learning (Pfl) by AMRC Training.
- Members of NAA – £310.00 + vat/delegate
- Non-Members – £400.00 +vat/delegate
To register or receive further information on this course, please contact Zoe Desoer: firstname.lastname@example.org