SMMT News: NEW SMMT Funding and Support Guide
The new version of the Funding and Support Guide for automotive companies requiring access to finance has been published, containing over 100 different regional, national and European schemes that are cross referenced by type, category and criteria
The document has been designed to make it easy for automotive companies to find the schemes most relevant to them.
The guide is organised into European and national/regional schemes with each scheme being further categorised into the following areas:
- Funding: grants for specific projects where monies received do not need to be repaid.
- Finance: access to loans which is subject to repayment.
- Support: incentives and tax breaks, these may be direct or indirect.
The April update includes a range of new and updated funding initiatives including the following:
- AMSCI: Advanced Manufacturing Supply Chain Initiative. Last month the scheme launched a £100m national fund in additional to the £25m regional funds. The application deadline for the third round of funding is 22 May. The deadline for the fourth round is 16 October.
- Patentscope: an international database of 18,676,085 patent documents, including 2,184,599 published international patent applications (PCT). The database has a free text search function that works across all data entries and can be refined to individual countries.
- Innovation funding and support search (East Midlands): East Midlands Innovation funding and support search tool helps organisations to search for available funding and support in the region in the shape of grants or knowledge exchange programmes.
The guide is updated quarterly. If you have any comments or information that could be included in the next edition get in touch.
For more information contact:
Rob Morbin, Project Co-ordinator
Member Services and Business Improvement
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders Limited
Tel: +44 (0)20 7344 9265