SMMT publishes new Funding, Finance and Support Guide
The new version of the SMMT Funding, Finance and Support Guide has been updated. It contains over 140 schemes organised into European and national/regional schemes which are also cross referenced by type, category and criteria. The document has been designed for SMMT members to find the relevant schemes in a less time consuming manner.
Please see below a range of newly added funding opportunities that may be useful for your business needs:
- Tooling Funding Programme – Business Minister Michael Fallon has announced a new £24 million government fund to help component manufacturers design, develop and manufacture new tooling.
- Greater Lincolnshire Business Capital Growth Fund – grants to local businesses who can demonstrate growth investment proposals linked to significant job creation.
- Birmingham Post Growth Fund – grants for organisations based in Birmingham, Coventry or Solihull for expansion and growth initiatives which would lead to jobs creations.
- Advanced Propulsion Centre: Creating UK capability in low-carbon automotive technologies – to be eligible for this competition, projects must primarily fall under either the industrial research or experimental development category.
- Employer Ownership Fund – open to businesses in the automotive supply chain which supports employers overcoming barriers to investment in strategically important areas, deliver grant funding quickly and meet the terms of the General Block Exemption Regulations for Training Aid.
- Energy Catalyst – Mid Stage Awards – open to innovative businesses and researchers from any sector who can address the three major challenges facing the energy sector: reducing emissions, improving security of supply and reducing cost.
- The Centre for Resource Efficient Manufacturing Systems will research and investigate manufacturing processes and supply chains to help companies improve production processes by reducing emissions, saving time, reducing cost and minimising the resources they use.
- The Improving Engineering Careers fund is an opportunity for government to support training that can lead to the progression of individuals through an engineering career – from skilled operatives through to associate professionals and those on pathways through to professional status.
To access the list of schemes please visit SMMT website www.smmt.co.uk