TSB announces details of IDP9 collaborative R&D competition tackling challenges in Automotive Council technologies; networking and consortium building event
Following the recent announcement of the details of IDP8, the TSB has launched the next competition in the low carbon vehicle integrated delivery programme, IDP9.
With £16.5 million of joint funding from the TSB, OLEV and EPSRC, the competition is looking to support low carbon, vehicle-centric technology development projects in four of the Automotive Council’s strategic technologies:
- Internal combustion engines
- Energy storage and energy management
- Electric machines and power electronics
- Lightweight vehicles and powertrain structures
Projects will need to be industry-led, consortia based (3 partners minimum) and must physically demonstrate their technology. Input from industries outside of automotive is particularly welcome. The TSB expects projects to run for 24-36 months and accrue costs up to £5 million.
- Network building event 27 November 2012
- Competition opens 18 February 2013
- Briefing event 26 February 2013
- Registration deadline 27 March 2013
- Application deadline 3 April 2013
- Presentation stage 3-7 June 2013
For further information please contact Carol Holden C.Holden@nwautoalliance.com