STFC Hartree Centre
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) Hartree Centre was created to boost UK industry by enabling businesses to explore and adopt advanced digital technologies like high performance computing (HPC), big data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI).
The Hartree Centre is situated on the Sci-Tech Daresbury campus in the Liverpool City Region – the heart of the North West and is home to some of the most advanced digital technologies in the UK, alongside a team of technical experts and innovation specialists.
The Hartree Centre’s purpose is to generate economic and societal impact by enabling UK businesses of any size to benefit from the innovation opportunities provided by emerging technologies. It is backed by over £170 million of government funding and strategic partnerships with organisations such as IBM, NVIDIA, Atos and the University of Liverpool Virtual Engineering Centre (VEC).
STFC is part of UK Research and Innovation, which combines science, research and innovation bodies in the UK for the benefit of the economy and its people, through
- Boosting productivity of people and processes
- Enhancing innovation for industry
- Big data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI)
- High performance computing and quantum
- computing simulation
- Training and skills development
- Insights into emerging technologies
The Hartree Team include:
- 60+ computational scientists and technologists
- World-leading supercomputing, big data analytics and AI infrastructure
- Bespoke small teams built around your project
- Tailored business development support
- Access to our network of industry, academic and technology partners
A bank of over 40 case studies covering our work with industry across AI, HPC and big data can be found here. Individual case studies can be downloaded as a PDF.
LinkedIn showcase page: www.linkedin.com/showcase/stfc-hartree-centre
The Hartree Centre
STFC Daresbury Laboratory
Tel: +44 (0)1925 603 444